Jack Mountain Bushcraft Logo Bushcraft And Sustainability Field School
Bushcraft, Guide Training
& Wilderness Expedition School

Established 1999
- Ago Puteus Foris -
winter bushcraft and survival Registered Master Maine Guide

GI Bill Approved School For
Bushcraft, Survival And Guide Training

The Jack Mountain Bushcraft School is approved by the Maine State Approving Agency for Veterans Education Programs for the use of GI Bill benefits as a non-college degree institution for training veterans and other eligible persons.

Application Procedure: To apply Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to our programs:

  1. Fill out our registration form.
  2. Email us a copy of your certificate of eligibility (sometimes called letter of eligibility). For veterans on the Post 9/11 GI Bill, we waive the need for a financial deposit, but your space on the course isn't reserved until we have a copy of your certificate of eligibility (we consider the certificate as your deposit).
  3. We'll fill out form 22-1999 and send it to the Eastern Regional Processing Office in Buffalo, NY. We'll need to get your social security number to fill out the form. We'll do this over the phone. Your social security number will be written directly on the form. We won't keep a record of it.

Approved Programs:

Facility Code: 28022019. Used by the VA to identify approved training centers.

GI Bill Benefits: For more information on GI Bill benefits and their rates, visit the GI Bill site.

Refund Policy for Veterans Using GI Bill Benefits

The school will refund the unused portion of prepaid tuition and fees on a pro rata basis. Any amount in excess of $10.00 for an enrollment of registration fee will also be prorated.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Certificate of Eligibility?

A Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) that states your eligibility to receive VA benefits.

How do I get a Certificate of Eligibility?

Certificates are issued by the VA after approving a claim for benefits. To submit a claim for benefits please use VONAPP (VA Online Application) at www.gibill.va.gov. Initial claims can be filed on a Form 22-1990 or 22-1990E.

How long does it take to receive a Certificate of Eligibility?

Processing times vary based on VA workload. On average the Department of Veterans Affairs processes a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks.

How do I apply for GI Bill benefits?

Online at www.gibill.va.gov through VONAPP (VA Online Application).

Do I qualify for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits?

Post- 9/11 GI Bill is based on your period of service on active duty since September 10, 2001. To review the exact requirements for eligibility please review the information at www.gibill.va.gov. You may also visit this site for information

How do I receive payment of my VA benefits?

VA will send Chapter 33 (Post 9-11) tuition/fee payments directly to the school. All other payments will be issued to the student. The VA makes payment directly to the veteran by (1) direct deposit or (2) mailing a check to the mailing address on file at the VA.

Under Montgomery GI Bill (Ch 30 and 1606) and REAP: If you attend school, you must verify your enrollment each month by using the WAVE or IVR system or by calling the toll free 1-877-823-2378. Remember that you cannot be paid for a month until the month is over and you verify that you were still in attendance for that month.

Is there a representative of the VA I can contact to verify information about the Jack Mountain Bushcraft School?

Contact the Maine State Approving Agency for Veterans Education Programs at http://www.msaa.maine.edu/contact_us.htm. You can also type 'Jack Mountain Bushcraft School' into the 'Institution Name' field on the WEAMS Institution Search page, but you must specify 'Non College Degree' as the program type.


[ back to top ]

  Jack Mountain Bushcraft School • Masardis, Maine • USA
Contact • Site Map • Home

Copyright © Jack Mountain Bushcraft, LLC - All rights reserved.